- can be eaten as is, as an appetizer
- great pair to cooked vegetables
- makes a good ingredient in a pasta sauce
- as canapés or hors d'oeuvres
- as stuffing or a wrap around to a meat
- filling for bread, sandwich, panini, or croissant
- can be mixed in salads
- pizza topping
- part of antipasto in Italian cuisine
Suggested Wine Pairings: Friulano
*recipe courtesy of citterio.com
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
1 savory croissant
70 g San Daniele ham
20 g stracciatella cheese (or mozzarella di bufala)
natural lemon peel
for baked cherry tomatoes:
16 cherry tomatoes
sugar to taste
salt to taste
Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and arrange them on a baking tray facing upwards, seasoning lightly with extra virgin olive oil, mashed garlic clove, basil leaves, and a little sugar and salt.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C.
Cut the salty croissant and stuff it with the cherry tomatoes, the stracciatella cheese, and the San Daniele ham, and sprinkle with lemon peel.
Italian pig thighs, sea salt (under the protective microclimate of San Danièle).
Storage: Store in the refrigerator at +1°C and +7°C and open 5/10 minutes prior to consumption.
Shelf life: 90-120 days kept sealed and frozen.