Snails meat in can, for easy preparation. Can be prepared with our Coquilles (shells only) for a nice gourmet hors d'oeuvre of escargot sauteéd in butter, garlic and herbs.
Packaging: in can of 10 dozens
Weight: 800 grams
Snails in Red Wine Sauce Recipe
- 400 g (14 oz) snails can (makes 230 g (8 oz) drained)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 35 g (1.2 oz) butter
- 1 red onion
- 125 ml red wine
- 1 mozzarella ball
- Salt, pepper
1. Rinse snails, drain and keep for later.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and cut coarsely.
Mix garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and butter to get your garlic butter.
3. Slice the red onion.
Heat a pan and melt the red onion with the garlic butter.
Add snails and roll in this butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins.
Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and add on the top of the ramekins.
5. Pour the red wine, put the ramekins in the oven and simmer for 20 minutes.
Recipe by Sabarot