Virgin Coconut Oil
500ml by Bibliorganics
The oil extracted from coconut milk from the kernel or meat of fresh coconuts without applying heat. It has clear appearance, it tastes good and has a nice aroma. Its pureness intact with all the natural goodness of virgin coconut oil than what its ordinary counterpart has.
Naturally made up of 65% medium-chain triglycerides, it has great health benefits. Benefits of virgin coconut oil include:
- -promotion of heart health & weight loss
- -support to the immune system health & a healthy metabolism
- -immediate energy source
- -helps improve skin's health and youth
- -supports proper functioning of thyroid gland
Compatible with ketogenic diet.
Bibliorganics Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) is composed of 50% lauric acid, a natural saturated fat that is used for treating viral infections such as influenza, viral infectionsm and the common cold, Measles , as well as HIV, Herpes, among others.
- To obtain virgin coconut oil's health and weight loss benefits, take 2 to 3 1/2 tablespoonse per day.
- As moisturizer, apply liberally on skin after a shower, or use as massage oil.
- As an ingredient to a bulletproof coffee, add 1 tsp Virgin Coconut Oil in the mix.
- In infite recipes where oil is needed, a great healthy alternative.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Soymilk
2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
2 cups diced white onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
3/4 tsp natural salt, plus more to taste
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth using Natural Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
1 large cauliflower, cut into portions and steamed
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp yellow curry powder, plus more to taste
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
Sauté onions and garlic with salt in coconut oil, for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent. Allow to cool slightly.
Transfer cooked onion mixture to blender, then add vegetable broth, remaining salt, soy milk, steamed cauliflower, nutritional yeast, soy sauce lemon juice, curry powder and cayenne. You can use unsweetened almond milk, and alternative soy free seasoning like tamari if you cannot eat soy.
Process on high for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Transfer soup to saucepan and warm over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe and image adapted from Silk.com
1 tbsp = 14.3 grams