These are thickly cut wedge of potatoes, slightly bigger than french fries, analogous to "British Chips". Originally, it is a type of french fry cut to be served with steak for a dish called steak frites "steak and fries," a popular dish in France and Belgium.
This pre-sliced Steak French Fries will cut your cooking time. Delivered frozen to lock in freshness, cut already and all set for cooking.
A healthier version can be made by using coconut oil when frying or roasting, or even better by baking instead of deep frying. This will make good addition to a healthy meal.
Similar to french fries, steak fries are made from potatoes, which are a good source of fiber. These fibers take care of eliminating wastes from our body, help in the digestive system and in reducing bad cholesterol levels. Every 100g-serving provides 10% of the daily recommendation.
It is also a good source of potassium, which helps in providing energy, combatting tiredness, fight off depression and anxiety, and enhance reflexes. If you are feeling down and low, have a little break with these steak fries to lift up your spirits. A hundred-gram serving of oven-heated, salted fries provides 10% of this mineral's daily recommended intake.
It is a good source of vitamin C, too - a great energy and immune booster.
Fair warning: potatoes contain simple carbohydrates in high doses. Moderate intake should be observed especially for obese people and those with diabetes. A watch-out also for the sodium content when adding salt to the fries.
Size: 10 x 18 mm (cut per fry).
Delivery: Packed by 2 lbs (908g), delivered frozen.
- Eat with pleasure alongside burgers, steak dinners
- Oven-roast to reach crispiness perfection
- Top with chili and grated cheddar cheese, or a fried egg and crumbled bacon for a serious snack satisfaction
- Serve with a favorite dip - cheese dip, salsa, guacamole for an appetizing snack
- Crispy and healthier version as delicious as your favorite fast food french fries, below is a guide:
Making the Perfect Baked (Frozen) Steak French Fries
- Put frozen steak fries in a bowl and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Use hands to toss them around to make coating each piece much easier. Putting them in a bag and tossing them around should work too.
- Get foil that is one and one half the size of your baking sheet, crumple it up and line your baking sheet with it. (It's okay not to make it too flat on the pan.)
- Put the pan with the foil lining in the oven and heat it up to 400 degrees F.
- Take the pan out and carefully put the french fries in, spreading them out to an even layer, to make sure they do not sit on top of each other.
- Put pan back in the oven and let bake for around 20 to 23 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven an sprinkle the steak fries with salt and pepper, and a bit of herbs like parsley.
- To add a bit more flavor sautee a tablespoon of fresh chopped garlic with a tablespoon of Isigny butter and drizzle on top of the fries. Enjoy!