Shirataki Noodles - Skinny Carbs by 7grains
Shirataki noodles are made of water and konjac plant that is rich in glucomannan, which is a dietary fiber that is easily disolved in water. That makes them very low in carbohydrates and calories as they are readily digested once consumed.
A type of Japanese noodles also known as konjak noodles, miracle noodles, konnyaku noodles and recently dubbed as the "holy grail" of dieting in the US and Europe due to its almost zero calorie and zero carb property. One among the top healthy foods in Japan and slowly getting recognized as superfood because of its healthy benefits.
It is named after the village Shirataki in Hokkaido, Japan. Shirataki means white waterfall. As seen in appearance, it is thin, gelatinous and translucent. Even so, they can very well fill your satiety without worrying about carbs and calorie contents.
- Virtually calorie free food: helps in losing weight and improve health - safe to add to your healthy diet plan for weight loss and healthy lifestyle
- Essential dietary fiber: slows down digestion and for sweeping toxins from our intestines
- Healthy diabetic friendly substitute: good substitue for Type 2 diabetics, improving glycemic settings thereby lowering blood glucose and sugar spikes
- Cholesterol Reduction: inihibiting absorption of cholesterol in the colon
- Gastrointestinal Regulation: laxative properties from Glucomannan that swells with the absorption of water
Healthy and low calorie substitute to replace your high calorie noodles and pasta.
Take caution though on some reported side effects.
*serving size to be reduced in the case of:
- mild diarrhea
*If taking medication, consult with your doctor first
How to Cook Shirataki Noodles:
- Drain the water in a colander and rinse under running tap water thouroughly
- Boil in water for 1-3 minutes, drain and take out excess water with an absorbent paper towel
- Pan fry with your sauce or let simmer with soups
Some other cooking ideas:
- Make it more pasta-like by draining and dry-roasting
- Use them in a stir-fry
- Mix with other ingredients like meat, vegetables and cheese.
- Place on a hot pan (dry without any oil). Fry over a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add herbs and spices, garlic or ginger and other ingredients to make them more delicious
Glucomannan (dietary soluble fiber), water and calcium additive