Shirataki Rice - Skinny Carbs by 7grains
Your Skinny Carb favorite in rice form. Shirataki noodles are cut into pieces to shape and look like rice grains and voilà - Shirataki Rice to switch the top one daily food staple in your table.
This is basically your low carb and virtually calorie-free substitute. It is natural, mostly made of water and Konjac plant. Its dietary fiber, glucomannan, is highly water-soluble making it very low in calories and in carbohydrates.
It has gelatinous texture and translucent appearance, different from that of regular rice. It is taste-free and easily aborbs flavors from sauces and soups. It can be used as rice alternative along with a choice of spices, sauce, or seasonings to bring out the goodness of taste.
Satisfy your craving and hunger pangs without the need to worry about carb and calorie intake. This miracle rice can very much do without gaining another extra pound.
Serve it as fried rice substitute, mix in your recipes for stir fry, in sushis, porridge, risotto, or anything to replace rice with.
- Practically calorie free food: helps in weight loss and in having a healthy lifestyle
- High in dietary fiber: also helps in losing weight, slowing down of digestion, and in getting the toxins out of the body
- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly: with the primary ingredient coming from the konjac plant
- Diabetic-friendly: helps control blood glucose levels and sugar spikes, great substitute for individuals with type 2 diabetes, aids in glycemic settings improvement
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Gastrointestinal Regulation: with laxative effects upon being absorbed in water
- Gluten-free, Soy-free, Wheat-free, Ketogenic
How to Cook Shirataki Rice:
- In a sieve or sifter, drain the water and rinse thouroughly under tap water
- Boil in water for 1-2 minutes then drain. With an absorbent paper towel, take out excess water
- Pan fry or stir fry with veggies and choice of sauce or let simmer with soups
- Enjoy this guilt-free goodness!
Glucomannan (dietary soluble fiber), water and calcium additive
Shirataki Fried Rice
1 pack Shirataki Rice
1 cup carrots, diced in small bits
1 egg, beaten
2 onion stalks, chopped
2 tsp hazelnut oil
2 tbsp organic soy sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cook Shirataki rice according to directions.
In a pan, pour hazelnut oil and heat then sauté onion stalks and carrots.
Stir fry for 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked.
Set aside along the border of the pan.
Pour olive oil and cook the scrambled egg.
Add rice and toss in soy sauce, mix all ingredients.
Stir until cooked thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy!