How to Cook Soba:
Cook in rapid boiling water for 4 minutes (no need for salt and oil), 3 minutes for Stir-fry.
Drain and rinse with cold water then drain again.
To reheat: briefly submerge in hot water.
Chicken, Pickled Mushroom & Soba Salad
*recipe courtesy of hakubaku.com.au
½ cup rice wine
½ cup sugar
½ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
200 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
3 tbsp mirin
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
500 g chicken breast, poached* & shredded
270 g Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodles
250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 asparagus bunch, blanched & thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, julienned
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Garnish micro herbs
Prep Time 30mins Cook Time 10mins, 2 hours pickling
1. Pickled mushrooms: place vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger & 250 ml of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, taking care not to let it boils. Add mushrooms & turn off the heat. Transfer mushrooms & liquid to a bowl. Leave to pickle for at least 2 hours then drain.
2. Mirin dressing: whisk ingredients in a bowl.
3. Prepare soba as per pack instructions.
4. In a large bowl, add chicken, soba, tomatoes, asparagus, red onion, spring onion & sesame seeds. Pour over half of the dressing & mix well.
5. Serve on a large platter & scatter half the pickled mushrooms & garnish. Serve the remaining dressing & pickled mushrooms on the side.
*Chicken Poaching Tip: approx 45 mins, includes rest time
Place 1 L of water and 30g of sliced ginger in a large shallow pan and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to a simmer. Add 500g free-range chicken breast, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat, cool chicken in the poaching liquid for up to 30 minutes.
Storage Tip: Pickled mushrooms can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Organic Wheat Flour (69%), Organic Buckwheat Flour (29%), Salt, Water
*Allergen information: contains wheat gluten. Manufactured on shared equipment with soy, egg, and buckwheat.
An equally good source of carbohydrates and protein for your daily energy needs. These organic noodles also provide a good amount of iron, a good dose of dietary fiber, potassium, and calcium. In addition, research shows that Buckwheat has substantial health benefits as a regular part of a diet.
- -Certified organic
Storage: Store in a cool dry place, far from sunlight or heat sources.
Shelf life: 3-6 months unopened.