Frozen Mashed Potato
Potato purée, mashed from pure potatoes.
Often served as a side dish, first food for the babies, and great ingredient in a plethora of recipes such as cottage pies, dumplings, pancake potatoes, gnocchi, croquettes, potato cake, etc.
Relatively low in calories and full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Potatoes are inherently a good source of potassium, vitamin C, proteins, fibers, and contain phytonutrients that help promote health.
On its mashed form with added whole milk, it can provide 10% vitamin C, 12% vitamin B6 and 6% Potassium for every hundred-gram serving. It can also be used as replacement for starch portion like rice.
It can be made healthier when mixed with health-promoting ingredients, a few examples in serving ideas.
Fair warning: Potatoes are also naturally rich in simple carbohydrates, moderation and portion-control is the key.
Healthy food delivered frozen right at your doorstep, packed by 2 lbs (908 grams).
- Go British and pair with sausage for a smashing bangers and mash
- Have a little twist by replacing rice with this, alongside your steak and veggies
- Top with gravy beside the glazed turkey with roasted veggies for an awesome festive meal
- Sprinkle pepper or your choice of spices and herbs, side with green peas, cubed carrots and corn bits
- Healthier when blended with cauliflower, get the buttery taste with lesser carbs
- Opt for non fat milk or low-fat yogurt or add with chicken stock for a creamy whip, opt also for olive oil instead of butter for healthier fat
How to Cook Mashed Potatoes:
The plain mashed potatoes are already pre-cooked, simply reheat and sprinkle some seasonings to serve.
Guide for Reheating:
Put mashed potatoes in a covered pan and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally until thoroughly heated. Add butter, milk, or any seasoning you may like.
Remove frozen potatoes from the pack and put in a microwavable dish. Cover and heat on medium high for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
Remove frozen potatoes from the pack and place in a covered oven-safe dish. Heat at 350º F for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally until thoroughly heated.
*Ovens may vary, changes in temperature and time of cooking may be applied.