Limes are a green-colored hybrid citrus fruits valued for its juice, aroma, zest, and its well-rounded acidity.
This puréed form is made from the classic recipe of 90% puréed frozen fruit and 10% granulated sugar only without additional flavors, colors, preservatives, nor thickening agents, and is unpasteurized.
Delicately selected based on the fruit's full degree of maturity, this lime fruit puree offers a taste of exceptional quality from the natural flavor of the fruit. A quality of excellence highly valued and used by many professionals - chefs, glaciers, starred cooks, pastry chefs, and renowned craftsmen.
- No preservatives
- No flavoring
- No coloring
- Certified GMO-free
The green lime (citrus lima) is the real lime, a rich source of vitamin C and this purée has its natural taste preserved along with its nutritional value.
The key nutrient of limes is vitamin C. This vitamin acts as an antioxidant counteracting harmful free radicals that cause several diseases in the body. It helps reduce risk of asthma and increase absorption of iron. It helps as well in fighting damage on the skin caused by toxins. One hundred gram serving of this purée provides 50% of the daily recommended value.
The fruit also has several vitamins and minerals in low doses and contains beneficial antioxidants and healthful phytonutrients that help boost general immunity. Lime juice is said to have antifungal and antibacterial properties.
These nutrients in limes can help support general health of the heart, prevent asthma, and promote healthy skin and immune system.
- A crisp refreshing finish to smoothie
- Savoury addition to make sauces, toppings, coatings for desserts, ice creams and sorbets
- Can also be included in making vinaigrettes or dressings for salads
- To flavor any dessert or pastry recipe like mousse, cake, cupcakes, yogurts, lime pies
- Great to add to juicy fruit punches
- Famous in cocktails, too - main ingredient in the Caipirinha of Brazil, margaritas, daiquiris to quench your Summer thirst
90% Puréed Lime Fruit, 10% granulated sugar
Weight: 1 kg
Store between -18° C (0°F) and max 15°C.
Shelf life of 24 months in the freezer.