Lavender-infused extra virgin olive oil by L'Olivier now delivered to your home in Manila, Philippines.
This oil is perfect drizzled on cooked meat, fish, steamed vegetables and adds suprisingly delicious hints of lavender to salad, to bring the taste of Provence to your dining table.
Use it in desserts: try it on apricot tart, roasted plum halves, vanilla ice cream or a strawberry fruit salad.
It also works well with chocolate-based dishes like bitter cocoa sorbet, chocolate fondant, or creamy dark chocolate mousse.
Use it to add to your own home-made dessert. Try this easy-to-follow recipe:
Lavender-infused Olive Oil Ice Cream
1/4 cups heavy cream
1 3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup rock salt
1/2 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks with (2 tbsp. sugar)
1/4 cup L'Olivier lavender-infused extra virgin olive oil
- Heat milk in a saucepan (do not boil).
- In a bowl, whisk sugar in egg yolks until mixture is pale in color.
- Gradually mix heated milk into the egg mixture pouring a little bit a time in a steady stream. Whisk constantly allowing the mixture to blend without cooking the eggs.
- Pour the mixture back in the saucepan and heat for another 4 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain the mixture with a fine-mesh sieve, and let it cool completely in a bowl set in ice water.
- Once cool, whisk L'Olivier lavender-infused extra virgin olive oil, heavy cream, and salt.
- Put mixture in your favorite ice cream maker or freezer.
If using just a freezer keep checking in every 30 minutes to mix it until it completely hardens (which takes 2 to 3 hours).
Nutrition Facts (Serving Size: 1 tbsp)