HALAL Chicken Legs, boneless (skin on), packed by 2kg
2kg, Php 285.00 / kg
What is Halal meat?
Halal food is that which adheres to Islamic law, as defined in the Koran. The Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry, dhabiha, involves killing through a cut to the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe.
Animals must be alive and healthy at the time of slaughter and all blood is drained from the carcass. During the process, a Muslim will recite a dedication, know as tasmiya or shahada.
Halal food being free from alcohol, impurities, blood and urine is a healthy source of protein.
Ideas o how to cook:
- Braised chicken thighs with mashed potato base topped with diced carrots, rosemary, and roast garlic.
- Sauté with mushrooms, zuchinni, shallots, and top off with white wine cream sauce.
- Slow-cook and spread with butter over a set of little cubed veggies.
- Cook with skin to absorb more flavor, then strip it off after cooking to get lesser fats
Reasons why thigh is a great cut and it should be a regular in your shopping list:
- can easily be shredded or cut into strips
- great as grilled
- superb when slow-cooked
- simply fantastic as roasted
- goes well with everything - veggies, sauces, soups, salads, exotic recipes
- perfect in tandem with any pasta dish