La Costeña Green Pickled Jalapeño Pepper
The fiery chili pepper that gained popularity wolrdwide, jalapeno is definitely the hot spice. This version is pickled and canned with a little tamed spiciness that is just right. La Costeña Pickled Jalapeños are premium quality pickled peppers without preservatives - whole, crunchy, and never broken.
Spice up your easy appetizer recipes with this excellent ingredient to give your dish a kick.
How to Serve Ideas:
- Spread on top of a melted or grated cheese for your pizza topping
- Spice up your dip like one Mexican-type cheezy dip
- Chop then sprinkle some on top of a stewed dish or casserole
- Served hot or cold to top nachos and have a traditional Tex-Mex dish
- Fantastic addition to level up your salads
- Drop on pots to add just the right amount of hot
- Great in salsa to give a unique hint of flavor
- Slice to fill in a sandwich, make it more exciting
- It can even be added as ingredient in a baked bread recipe
- Smother a few chops to your morning sweet smoothie
- Juice along the green leafy veggies or carrots for a healthy, spicy, and delicious vegetable juice
La Costeña Feel the Heat Challenge in Chicago in 2006 held The Guinness World Records for most jalapeños eaten in a minute.
The word jalapeño is a Spanish name for "Xalapa" meaning "water place", the name derived from the capital city of Veracruz, Mexico, presumed origin of this pepper.
It is said to have been used by the Aztecs before the Spanish conquest and in the Americas dating thousands of years back.
These days, jalapeno is used in Tex-Mex dishes (Texan-Mexican, a fusion of American and Mexican dishes), Spanish foods, Thai recipes, and a lot more.
*information from wikipedia
Jalapeno Peppers, Water, Onions, Carrots, Vinegar, Iodized Salt, Spices and Soybean Oil.
Place in another container once opened then refrigerate.
Best before date printed on package.
Jalapeño Peppers Stuffed with Tuna
*courtesy of La Costena
Makes 4 servings
8 pieces La Costeña® Pickled Jalapeño Peppers
4 oz. crumbled smoked tuna
1 tbsp. minced white onion
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
3 tbsp. La Costeña® Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
1. Open the Jalapeño peppers along one side carefully, removing veins and seeds.
2. Mix the tuna, onion, coriander, and the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stuff the Jalapeño peppers with the prepared tuna and serve.