- healthy salt to add to any and every recipe
- especially good in rice meals, salads, and noodles, pasta, vegetables, and legumes
- add a nutty feel to any roasted veggie, particularly broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans, turnips, sweet potatoes
- great condiment to sprinkle to any toast with veggie topping
- to anything that calls the need for salt
Ground sesame seeds, unprocessed sea salt.
A favorite quintessential remineralizing seasoning of the macrobiotic diet, gomasio helps reduce the intake of sodium while adding the nutritional benefits from sesame seeds. A great salt replacement for people who need to keep a low sodium diet without sacrificing the taste.
It is high in calcium and iron. A tablespoon can already provide 10% and 8% respectively of the daily value need, sesame has more calcium than milk for up to 10 times. It contains iodine from its sea salt content, a trace mineral that is essential in the good function of the thyroid gland and its metabolic processes. It also has more lecithin than soy, which helps hold cholesterol at bay and enhance memory. Perfect seasoning for cholesterol control.
As a replacement for salt, it also helps prevent diseases such as hypertension. It can help prevent other blood-related diseases including diabetes and cancer.
It helps stimulate the digestive system, aids digestion, helping the body absorb the food we eat. It also helps boost energy immediately. It has healing properties with its powerful ant-acid biochemical effect. It neutralizes acidity in the blood, increases immunity, relieves stomach cramps, prevents dehydration, promotes milk production, eliminates headaches and hearing problems, and relieves fatigue. It can even help a drunk person sober up.
Refrigerate after opening.
Store in a cool & dry place.