Spinach Fettuccine & Chickpea with Parsley Pesto
*recipe adapted from nuttelex.com
200 g fresh spinach fettuccine
1 tbsp Nuttelex Buttery Coconut Spread
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can of chickpeas, thoroughly drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
¼ cup almonds, roughly chopped
1½ cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon, zest only
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taster
1. To prepare the pasta cook fresh pasta in plenty of boiling water for about 4-5 minutes. Drain well, refresh in cold water. Set aside in a pot to keep warm.
2. Heat a heavy-based skillet over a medium-low flame. Add the Nuttelex buttery coconut spread and a clove of the minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant then add the chickpeas. Saute for ten minutes then stir occasionally. Remove from heat. Add spinach and set aside to allow the spinach to wilt gently.
3. Making pesto: In a high-speed food processor, combine the remaining garlic with olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, almonds, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until a rough paste that resembles breadcrumbs is formed
4. To serve: In a mixing bowl, add warm pasta, sauteed chickpeas, and wilted spinach. Add the pesto, lemon zest, and gently toss. This is good for 2 servings. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper then serve.
Serve & enjoy!
Vegetable oil (Coconut oil 16%), water, salt emulsifiers (471), sunflower lecithin), flavour, vitamins A, D, E.
- - Dairy-Free
- - Gluten-Free
- - Natural Flavours and Colours
- - Free from Nut Oils
- - Soy-Free
- - Totally Vegetarian and Vegan
- - GMO-Free
Storage: Keep refrigerated at or below 4ºC
Shelf Life: 1 year