Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
*recipe adapted from nuttelex.com
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of pine nuts
3 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp Nuttelex Olive Oil Spread
1. Add the basil and pine nuts to a food processor then blitz until combined. Then add the garlic, followed by the parmesan cheese. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil. Stir the pesto with a spatula and then add to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. To prepare the noodles: Spiralize the zucchini with a spiralizer or turn the zucchini into noodles using a julienne peeler.
3. Next add two tablespoons of the Nuttelex to a frying pan and once the pan is sizzling hot add the zucchini noodles. Constantly toss the zucchini noodles with tongs for about 5-7 minutes until cooked but still al dente – be careful not to overcook as they can quickly wilt and go mushy.
4. Stir in pesto until well coated, and add a final sprinkle of salt and or cheese before decanting to serving bowls.
Vegetable oils 65% (olive oil 21%), water, salt, emulsifiers (471, sunflower lecithin), flavour, vitamins A, D, E.
- Natural Flavours and Colours
- Free from Nut Oils
- Totally Vegetarian and Vegan
|Average Nutritional Values (serving size 5 g)||Per 5 g|
|Total Fat||3.25 g|| |
|Saturated Fat||0.9 g|| |
|Cholesterol||0 mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g|| |
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|| |
|Sugars||0 g|| |
|Protein||0 g|| |
|Sodium||0.19 mg|| |
Storage: Keep refrigerated at or below 4ºC
Shelf Life: 1 year