Garlic and Herb Boursin-style Vegan Cheese
A soft cheese made from cashews sourced locally, cultured with natural enzyme-rich probiotics, rejuvelac, to replicate the creamy yet tangy flavor of dairy Boursin. These cultured cashews are then richly infused with herbs, garlic and spices to perfectly mimic the texture and taste making it creamy soft savory cheese with zing, depth, brightness and just the right amount of tart and cheesiness.
Raw cashews, coconut oil, rejuvelac (sprouted-grain probiotics), nutritional yeast, garlic, parsley, salt, tarragon, thyme, marjoram.
Allergens: contains cashews
- Superb for spreading on crackers, bagels, baguettes, vegetables, and sandwiches (try whole wheat bread with grilled bell peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes then top with garlic and herb boursin vegan cheese)
- Stuff into canapés, dollop on soup tops, add to pastas or salads
- Perfect cheese for a party or a romantic dine -in
- Excellent for your cheese-wine-chocolate with fruit platter surprise or a cheese-and-wine night
- Pairs well with dry white wines
- Great ingredient for sauces to pour over your favorite dish (see recipe below, top on your grilled chicken breasts)
Best eaten within three weeks of opening.
Shelf life: three months in the freezer.
For just a 30-gram serving of this vegan cheese, get 8% of your recommended daily vitamin B12, 15% of Niacin and Folate, 25% of B6, 35% of B2, 35% of B1 and 15% of B3 - all of these in just a spoonful!
Get the same herby taste, the same amount of protein as the dairy boursin but with fat content cut in half, carbs and saturates more than half. You get lesser sodium, too. Not to mention, this version has fibers. In short, friendlier to the health.
No need to give up on cheese for those who are those who avoid dairy, safe for diabetics and gluten-intolerant, perfect for a vegan diet.
Vegan Boursin-Infused Mushroom Sauce
1 cup mushrooms
1/4 cup Boursin Cheese - Vegan, crumbled
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp butter
half a cup white wine
salt and pepper
Drizzle olive oil in a pan.
Put in mushrooms and butter.
After a minute, add the shallots.
Pour the wine over and mix. Cook until brown.
Take off from the heat and whisk in the vegan boursin cheese and chopped parsley.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the sauce over your favorite dish.