One of the perfect ways to keep the romance alive is to have a dinner date at home and make it more intimate. Why not start with five appetizing tapas to match your Spanish sangrias. Here’s how:
Sea salt with herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
Jamon Iberico (or any preferred ham)
1 can Spanish tuna
1 egg, hard-boiled
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Black Jack cheddar
Strawberry or mango jam
Roasted whole almonds
1. Cut the sourdough baguette into slices for the base.
2. For the first tapas, mix the drained tuna, chopped hard-boiled egg, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season sea salt & black pepper. Spread the salad over the sourdough slice.
3. Toast another slice of sourdough rubbed with garlic. Once toasted, spread the grated tomatoes and top with slices of Jamon Iberico. Sprinkle a bit of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
4. Get another slice of bread and spread cream cheese on it, garnish with green onions. Top with 3 pieces of smoked salmon slices and lightly season with salt and pepper.
5. For the fourth tapas dish, slice the cheddar cheese and place 2-3 slices on the bread. Spread a dollop of the jam over the cheese and top with some walnuts.
6. For the final tapas, insert an almond into each date. Wrap each date with a bacon strip. Lightly season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast them in the oven for 5 minutes. Flip then cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Place all slices on a serving plate and share with your date.