How to Cook Fettucine Pasta:
Add a generous pinch of sea salt to the cooking water to enhance the pasta’s flavor. Bring water to a rolling boil (enough water to submerge the pasta).
Avoid adding oil to the water as it prevents the sauce from clinging to the pasta.
Barilla Stir-fried Vegetable Pasta Toss
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 1 jar Barilla® Basilico Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a very large nonstick skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, broccoli, and green beans; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are fork-tender. Stir in sauce; heat through.
- Drain pasta and immediately add to sauce mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spoon mixture into bowls and top with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Semolina (Wheat), Durum wheat flour, vitamins and minerals, vitamin B3, Iron, Vitamin B1, B3, Folic Acid, Iron
*Allergen information: contains wheat, cereals with gluten, eggs.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. Refrigerate cooked pasta in shallow airtight containers or resealable plastic bags.
Shelf life: cooked and properly stored, 3-4 days in the refrigerator, 2-4 hours at room temperature.
Unopened, 1-2 years in the cupboard or at room temperature.