How To Serve:
- perfect to break away from the conventional peanut butter
- for your smoothies, oatmeal, overnight oats, or yogurt
- good addition to your energy boosting shakes or tonic drinks
- great ingredient for cookies and have almond butter cookies
- add in a vinaigrette or any dressing to your salads
- excellent treat to mix in any dish - baked potatoes or sweet ones, quesadillas, stir-fry tofu, salads, curries, noodle bowls, or any recipes
- a tablespoon on its own or a dip to your crudités
Almond butter is said to have a better nutritional profile with relatively higher protein content compared to other nut butter, with more heart-healthy fat contents and very low sodium.
It contains monounsaturated fatty acids with 21-24% provision for the daily need with just a spoonful. It is also a good source of fiber, vitamins such as vitamin E and Riboflavin as well as minerals like calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and copper.
With these nutrients, a spoonful of this goodness may boost health by being a stable source of energy especially during physical activities, an aid to prevent developing cardiovascular diseases, reduce harmful cholesterol levels and lowering the risk of heart disease, manage weight loss, regulate blood sugar, promote good nervous system function and brain health, muscle and bone strength, eye and skin care.
Another good alternative to peanut butter is for those who are allergic to peanuts or those who want to try another taste.
Fair warning: almond butter provides high calories with just a spoonful. Careful on the portions, especially those on a weight loss diet.
Delectable and very versatile treat. Excellent on its own or as an addition.
|Average Nutritional Values (serving size 28 g)||Per serving|
|Total Fat||16 g||21%|
|Saturated Fat||1.9 g||10%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.9 g|| |
|Monounsaturated Fat||9.2 g|| |
|Total Carbohydrates||5.3 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.9 g||10%|
|Sugars||1.8 g|| |
*Percent values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Refrigerate after opening.
Store in a cool & dry place.