Frozen, packed by 2 lb (908 g)
Frozen green peas, delivered frozen in Manila, Philippines.
Excellent for adding color to stews and pasta dishes or try this sample recipe below.
Recipe: Classic Green Peas Soup
5 cups frozen green peas
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups leeks, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. (a pinch) of pepper
2/3 cup fresh or frozen mint leaves
1/2 cup all purpose cream
1/2 chives, chopped (as garnish)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and sautee onions and leeks together.
Cover and cook in low heat for around 5 minutes.
2. Add in broth and turn heat to high to bring to a boil.
3. Add peas and let cook for around 3 minutes, until peas are tender.
4. Add salt pepper and mint and turn off the heat.
5. Puree soup using a blender in batches, pouring 1 cup first and
gradually pouring the rest in until the blender's capacity.
Pour soup into a bowl and repeat until everything is pureed.
6. Whisk in all-purpose cream, add some more seasoning to taste.
Ladle into a bowl, and garnish with chives. Add in croutons if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Serving Size: 100 grams)