Dark purple or dark blue berry, named Bilberry in Europe, 5-16 millimeters in size - this fruit is gradually gaining popularity in our country and tagged to be one of the superfoods.
These berries are not just delicious but also nutritious. They are low in calories, a good source of Vitamin C, manganese and fiber, rich in antioxidants. One of which is anthocyanin, the pigment responsible for its color and other health benefits.
Other than being an excellent ingredient in your smoothies or fruit shakes, cheesecakes and other desserts, you can also add them to your breakfast cereal, mix in your yoghurt for snacks, have them in your packed lunch.
Great ingredient for jams or jellies, pies or muffins and other snack foods you can think of.
Research shows that regular intake of blueberries and adding them in the daily diet may bring great health benefits as follows:
- antioxidants can help neutralize some of the free radicals thereby reducing damage to the DNA and prevent signs of aging
- anthocyanin help control blood sugar or lower blood sugar
- improve brain function, good antidepressants
- improve digestion
- prevent cancer
- help care for the eyes
- prevent heart diseases
- boost immunity
- lower blood pressure
- improve mood and vitality - can help feel refreshed, sharp and in better mood
- help soothe sore muscles during physical activities
Delivered frozen, packed by 1 lb (454 g)